Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sweets Anyone?










It's really HOT in Cebu! Yesterday was no exception, I'm home for the weekend and decided to check out Ayala Center and our Big Beauty Sale for PONDS before meeting up with a friend. The heat was getting into me, so I asked my husband if we could cool down somewhere and check out any eating place at the Terraces.

Of course, for those of you who have not been to Ayala Center Cebu recently, the Terraces area was set up more than a year ago. It houses more restos and shops and has expanded the Ayala Center. In true Ayala Mall style, the place is themed and the design of the area is like the rice terraces, its tierred and there are water fountains and green landscaping. It has brought a new level of malling again for the Cebuanos!

Because I'm in Cebu, I wanted to go to a non-Manila place, and remembered The Dessert Factory! I do recall my friend (who has returned to Cebu a more than a year), telling me last time we went there that this sweets place is all-Cebuano, can't find it in Manila. So off we went at level 3 of the Ayala Terraces.

This place has the carnival/circus/magical feel inside. The waiters wear purple uniforms and funny hats. Their menu ranges from lots of cake types and pastries to the local halo-halo. But mind you I think only halo-halo is the Filipino dessert available. I'm not so into sweets so I ended up just having cold coffee latte just to cool down. But Brian has a sweet tooth and ordered their A-choco-lypse, their version "death by chocolate cake". And some savoury snack, mini corn dogs. In fairness, the cake was great, not so sweet and I thought the mini corn dog would probably be just 3 pcs, but lo and behold, 7 pcs all in all! My my, the light merienda has turned into a heavy one. We can't eat it all because we're saving space for the buffet dinner at the Crossroads Mall's Gourmet Cafe Kutsara at Tinidor (Dad's bday dinner treat).

Now, we had to walk it off! Ha ha ha!


Mrs Jane B.










No comments: