Sunday, August 3, 2014

Simple joy ... simple play

Remember when you a kid and a simple corrugated box could already transport you to playing house or playing detective? My memories of play was always more fun with my cousins around. I think it's during summertime when the cousins are deposited in our place before and we would spend hours playing and resisting the mandatory afternoon nap. We would swap stationery, play lego, play house (luto2x sa kun), run-around, eat, talk, make up stories, read our comics from the local Funny Comics (remember Bardagol and Planet of the Apes?) to the american titles like Tom & Jerry, The Road Runner ... ah those afternoons spent writing new words because Mommy Junie will pay us 5centavos for each new word learned!

Those summertime meet ups didn't seem very expensive. We just needed to always have snacks (food) and a space to play around ... space could be anything, not a fancy park or mall. It was the company that matters! Ah, I wish I had a digital camera then so I could have captured those moments ... but I'm sure a lot of us have these memories at heart!

And so today, I came upon an old pic that showed not the whole Cousins Inc but a good number of us. I remembered this was taken the time before our Bandillo cousins were leaving for Germany together with Uncle Butch. I was probably a senior in UP Dill and we went to Nayong Filipino, a first for me and probably for the most of us. 
Striking a pose ... ah some of us were still so little then!
So I really want to maximize this cousin bonding magic and let our little ward experience what it's all about. In this modern age, we do a lot of digital stuff (like this blog writing) and sometimes forget that a good 2-3 hrs of cousin bonding time can indeed be just pure happiness and simple joy! Snacks ang katapat!

These kitties have LED!

"Magkabo ta!"

"Beh, naa bay water?"

Catch me if you can!
Priceless moments ... thanks to Cousins Inc!

Mrs Jane B.

No comments: