Monday, August 11, 2008

On Massages and Facials at the Suriya Spa

I was diagnosed with texter’s thumb last Thu by an orthopaedic doctor at the Manila Doctor’s and was advised to give back my Treo to the office and stop texting for awhile. It seems my texting is causing my right thumb to be painful that extends down to the wrist making it really hard for me to grip things. Doctor’s advise was to go for a massage. Well, what a perfect excuse to have a facial as well. Off we went to visit our favourite Suriya Spa. We’ve been members for more than 3 yrs now. The Glorietta 3 spa has been moved to The Ascott.

Their trademark “mind & body massage” puts you to sleep with just 10 mins into the massage routine. The slow kneading motion and the soothing music, makes you forget where you are ... when the therapist reached my back I was dreaming. There’s something about the mixture of oil, pepperminty lavender scent that just knocks you off. I was awakened after and hour or so by Doris telling me that my facial therapist will be with me soon. Facial, yup, I chose the “collagen” one this time. After my 34th bday almost two weeks back, I deserve some anti-aging treatment. This collagen facial is suppose to moisturize my face and reduce the fine lines. Of course, its something our Ponds Age Miracle line can do (and more!) but I really needed some TLC and not do the facial myself. Will share soon home facial you can do every weekend in case you have no time to go to the spa (watch out for this!).

After almost 3 hrs in inside Suriya at The Ascott, I felt like a brand new person ready to face the world! Yeah, feeling a bit younger that usual ... he, he, he – all for under 2k! Suriya Spa has other branches and are mostly in hotels (like in The Ascott, Intercon and etc) and as the spa partner of Golds Gym. The receptionist advised us though that their Fronterra Verde branch is the best ...


Mrs Jane B.

1 comment:

pakyaw said...

Suriya Spa’s Signature De-Stress Massage and Captivating Facial Appetizer – 50% off! http://pakyaw.com.ph/team.php?id=1616