Friday, August 1, 2008

The Joy of Buying a Gucci Bag



Been wanting to buy a GUCCI bag these past few weeks but got into trouble with my husband. He already got me my LV Speedy for mother’s day (even if I’m not a mom yet) because I’ve been asking him for one and he just found the occasion to give it to me. Unfortunately my usual visit to the GUCCI website made me want a bag more!

I had this ultra favourite the GUCCI Joliceur medium tote in gold. Unfortunately, limited stocks were available and all the stocks are gone. I’ve surfed the internet for other sources of this bag type but alas ... there’s none to be found that’s brand new. Then a good 2-3 wks ago my friend Emily told me there’s a Gucci sale and maybe, just maybe I can get my alternative bag (from my GUCCI bag list) on sale. I visited the Greenbelt 4 store and truly my alternative abbey bag was on sale but not the right color. So I went around the store and found my new LOVE, its the JOY Tote in dark brown color medium size. Just perfect for those casual moments! Check out my photo ...

If you’re a first time shopper in the Greenbelt store, note the different sections of the store. This is just based on my observation of course and not confirmed by any store personnel but could be useful.

The What’s NEW, What’s HOT Counter greets every shopper as you enter. The latest designs are displayed here and from my observation as of last week the display matches the latest design line in the official GUCCI website. You can navigate around the store using this section.

From this counter you can turn right to check out what I would like to call “The CLASSIC Line Counter”. In this counter you will find the basic bags that you see in the website. The store attendants are very responsive and will offer you the latest catalogue if you want something that may not be on display.

To the left of the NEW/HOT counter is a corner that highlights two things : the bags that used to be on the NEW/HOT counter and the items on special sale. So pay attention to this corner if they have special sale which usually just lasts for 2 wks (based on observation not confirmed by store personnel ... I do have my disclaimer).

At the back of the NEW/HOT counter are sections for shoes (which by the way are truly bea-u-ti-ful, but I can’t afford it yet, the handbag gives more ROI). Clothes are also being hung but since I’m really more interested in the bags ... I don’t usually venture into this part of the store but there are shoppers who really go in that section and try on the clothes.

So there you are, a glimpse of the Gucci store in Greenbelt. Me, am so happy with my new GUCCI bag! And super thanks to my good and classy friend Emily Boaquina-Besavilla for helping me pick the best color! Of course a former beauty queen would know!

And what’s the latest? Heard that Gucci will be bring in a new line soon that will allow more beauties like us to buy a GUCCI bag. So watch out for it ...

And before I say “bye” ‘till my next write up, super thank you to my hubby Brian for letting me buy my new GUCCI! I know you tried to convince me not to buy one ‘coz I have my LV na, but who can say NO to a GUCCI bag? Not me!

Mrs Jane B.


2 comments:

geraldavis_yahoo.com.au said...

jane it's a beauty! Brown suits u better and I think the price is right.

geraldavis_yahoo.com.au said...

i just luv gucci too esp with such designs with only a big letter "G" coz so cool like my inintial, di ba?