Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Great find at LRI Design Plaza!


When I got married, our first place was located in the Santiago Villlage/Bel Air area where my hubby and I used to enjoy short walks as we go to Sunday Mass at St Andrew Parish Church. Its one of those very residential yet you-know-its Makati part of Makati. Its where Kalayaan Ave and Reposo now known as Nicanor Garcia St crosses over.

Its this side of Makati where we found our favorite relaxation cum "together time" at Foot Options Sole and Soul Spa at the LRI Design Plaza. Now the LRI bldg is a place known for its home & office furniture, furnishings and fixture. It houses showrooms of really beautiful modern, indigenous furnitures, art galleries and some design studios. LRI Design Plaza calls itself "Your one-stop lifestyle center".

Indeed for its in this place where we chanced upon Foot Options. This spa specializes on Xiamen style foot massages. Unlike the usual Thai foot massage where the therapist would use a stick to massage your foot and toes, Xiamen is like swedish massage, there is pressure yet its more kneeding and rolling. I totally love it. When I was working on a big project for the past 6 months, I frequented this spa more than my usual Suriya (where I have membership). I've brought my friends over as treat, even my work teams I've brought them here to relax after special Saturday work rendered.

What I love about Foot Options, is really the massage and the ambience. Its a small place, it has six (6) massage chairs and has a single room for body massages. Upon entering you right away feel relax as you are enveloped by a minty eucalyptus scent. The treatment area is dim and light relaxing music is played. The therapists are very polite, discreet (not noisy) and hygienic. Their foot massage routine starts with the usual foot soak bath for 15 mins. While your feet are being soaked, the therapist massages your head, neck, back and hands. Now, Ive been to foot massages and they do the same routine but at Foot Options, they even do pepermint oil rub that will leave you very relaxed and sleepy. By the time the therapist starts working on your first foot, you would have fallen asleep already.

Yup, its pure heaven! The foot massage lasts for 60 min. And after the massage, the therapist would use hot towels to wipe off excess massage oil. Really relaxing for only P350! Not bad if you're all worn and stressed out. No wonder I read more than a yr ago, then new P&G chairman hired the Foot Options to service them during their weekly management meetings! Of course, I read the article because P&G happens to be our "best friends" in the industry being our major competitor.

And because I love having my foot massages there, I took my sis who's home from Canada there last Sunday to cap our lazy weekend. She enjoyed! Wished she had more time to spend with me in Manila because we could have tried the Foot Options other services like their mint facials and their hair & scalp treatment. All very good value. In fact was told that they offer P50 off on weekdays (except Fri). I love the place so much that I really recommend it to anyone who needs to relax. You may call them at 899 9645 for appointment. They have GCs too, in fact I think I gave Pia Sangel some for her birthday 2 yrs ago.

Well, I had a great weekend and here's a pic of me and my sis having a lazy Sunday am reading . . . guess who's who?

Mrs Jane B.




2 comments:

geraldavis_yahoo.com.au said...

hey jane this s cool ha!

geraldavis_yahoo.com.au said...

cool talaga 1 uy ingat ka sa africa. take care and God bless u.