Saturday, July 19, 2008

Shopping Robinsons Galleria Style

With typhoon frank raging in Manila, my hubby and I decided to do our grocery shopping in one of our fave supermarket in Mandaluyong. Of course am partial with Robinsons Galleria for a lot of reasons . . .

Reason 1 : Parking never a problem
Although sale days maybe a challenge. The Galleria Mall always has parking. If you know the layout of the parking area, you do know there are nooks and crannies that have parking. The parking near the smkt alone has these special places.

Reason 2 : Fresh Produce is fresh
For a two-person fam like mine, and because I work for Unilever where I get free laundry, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and skin care products for free . . . what else do I buy in the smkt? Fresh food. Hubby works for Nestle Ice Cream, so milk, yogurt, juices are easily bought in the office . . . fresh food it is. Their variety of fruits and ready-to-eat fruits (those peeled and ready for chow) are superb though nothing exotic yet. Meats are fresh and they have a decent selection of fish (dead and alive -- in the aquarium). If I want a delicious "lapu-lapu sinigang", my hubby would go to Robinsons w/o hesitation. And yes, for those looking for fresh salmon, its the place to go too!

Reason 3 : No fuzz shopping
The store is well lit. Aisles are wide though there are areas that are a bit dead like the household section (I dont go there anyway because of my freebies!). The aisles are properly labelled and are updated so you wont get lost. Geez, years back I did the store layout of this store so I pretty much memorized the whole set-up.
Also, the store isnt crowded. I really hate it when I need to navigate with my cart trying hard not to bump someone else's. I'd like to be able to browse and do my shopping in peace. As I've said grocery shopping is therapeutic for me . . . I can get lost in a store and just wander around . . .

Reason 4 : Lines are manageble
Counters are always open and the stores seem to be able to manage the cashier line. We never get to wait too long. And that's a plus for couples like us who want to enjoy more time to do personal stuff on weekends!
As a whole for the Baluya's, Robinsons Galleria smkt is our fuzz-free and fresh supermarket! It also helps that its a good 10 min drive from our condo.

Well, our weekend shopping went ok despite the typhoon . . . so if you're in the Mandaluyong area, maybe you can check out this smkt and see if we're right.

More weekend shopping stories next week.

Mrs Jane B.
June 22, 2008

No comments: