Saturday, July 19, 2008

Shopping Time Out : SPA TIME

My good friend Alex who's based in HK came home just for the long weekend and of course, the girls wanted a quick get-together with some relaxation time! So off we went to an early lunch at Fridays Bonifacio High Street with the kids and the husbands in tow. After more than an hour of our catch-up chat and planning a possible HK trip in July -- HK sale season. The girls got ready to go to THE SPA. My friend Donna said the place is beautiful . . . its going to be my first time as I haven't gone to THE SPA. Bri and I have special membership at THE SURIYA SPA where we have a pre-paid service that we just debit from. We've been members for more than 3 yrs already. So, we'll see what THE SPA at the High Street can offer.

Donna wasn't kidding, the entrance, the stairs, the water falling . . . THE SPA at the High Street is beautiful with a zen feel to it. I signed up for the swedish deluxe massage for P820. Almost the same price at Suriya. We got in and was given our locker keys. The locker area was pretty clean, dim lights and the receptionist gave us our slippers, robe and towel. Donna and I decided to go to the jacuzzi, while Alex wanted to have the massage right away and Emily wanted to have her footsies pampered instead of a full body massage. The jacuzzi was great! It was big enough to accommodate more than 10 girls. Suriya at Glorietta doesnt have a jacuzzi but they have steam and sauna. We stayed for a good 15mins and prepared for more bodily pampering.

The waiting area had the usual magazines and Donna saw the tea station and got me what might have been one of the best ginger tea I've tasted! Wohoo! I loved it! I glossed over the Preview May issue and before I finished the whole magazine, we were called upon already for our massages.

Well, THE SPA's deluxe massages were done in common rooms. Hmmm something I haven't been into for awhile since the Suriya Spa has individual massage rooms. The therapist started her routine, asked about how the pressure was . . . probably because of the common room, and the therapist's not so gentle hands. I rated the massage as ok or a 6 from a scale of 1-10. I usually get a more flowing swedish touch from Suriya. Could really be just the massage training. Despite this, I got out of THE SPA feeling relax and ready to do shopping. The P820 + tip was still worth my afternoon! Em and the girls were talking about having a spa party here as they do offer such events. We will see . . .

Feeling relax and enjoying the girls company, we trekked down to check out shoes . . . bag . . . food and just enjoying our Monday holiday. Really wouldn't it be nice if we had 3-day weekends all the time!

Will give more shopping stories next weekend.

Mrs Jane B
June 9, 2008

No comments: